What are MACBOOKS?
MACBOOKS are basically the Macintosh computer. Macintosh belongs to the family of personal computers. These are designed and marketed by Apple Inc. since 2006. It also replaced the iBook and PowerBook brands within a few years of its launch
MACBOOK and its line-ups
MACBOOK basically consists of four different types of line-ups
- Original MacBook – 2006 to 2012
- MacBook a Pro – 2006 to current
- MacBook Air – 2008 to current
- Retina MacBook – 2015 to 2019
The Original MacBook was released back in 2006 on May 16. The original model was made using polycarbonate and fiberglass casing.
It used an intel core duo processor with a 945GM chipset, along with an Intel’s GAM 950 integrated graphics on a 667 MHz front side bus which later on moved to a Core 2 duo processor and the GM965 chipset, along with Intel’s GMA X3100 integrated graphics on an 800 MHz system bus.
It has a display of a 13.3-inch glossy, widescreen LCD of (1280*800) pixel resolution with an iSightcamera of (640* 489 0.3 MP). It consists of a 55-watt-hour removable lithium polymer battery which further extends to 60 to 63.5 -watt-hour with the updated versions. With the hard drive of up to 60 or 80 GB augmenting to 160GB with 200 GB, 320GB ,and 500 GB being optional in the updated versions. And with the versions being updated it’s connectivity went from Integrated AirPort Extreme 802.11a/b/g Gigabit Ethernet Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR to Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11a/b/g/n (draft-n enabled) Gigabit Ethernet Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.
But with the rapid increase of quality problems regarding the graphic cards and hard drives and some random shutdown problems it’s sale’s ceased and it was discontinued.
MacBook and its updates
MacBook has two of its updates which are
- MacBook Pro ( in 2006)
- MacBook Air (in 2008)
And they are belonging to the same family Macintosh.
MacBook Pro and its parts
MacBook Pro was launched back in 2006 in January by Apple Inc.
It is one of the member of MacBook family with MacBook Air and the Original MacBook.
It consists of 5 generations with in starting from the aluminum in January 2006 to Liquid Retina XDR in October 2021
All the five generations are-
- Aluminum (Jan ,2006)
- Unibody (October,2008)
- Retina (June 2012)
- Touch Bar (October 2016)
- Liquid Retina XDR (October 2021)
- The First generation MacBook Pro used PowerBook G4 and replaced the PowerPC G4 chips with Intel Core processors, and added a webcam to introduce the MagSafe power connector.
- The second generation used only a single piece of aluminum and had a thinner flush display, it also consists of a redesigned trackpad whose entire surface consisted of a single clickable button, and a re-designed keyboard.
- The third gen was even thinner than the second one. It was made on the (SSD) Solid – State Storage standard with Retina Display
- The fourth generation included the shallower- mechanism keyboard (butterfly mechanism) and replaced the function keys with the touchscreen strips known as touch bar
- The fifth and the latest generation of all were the first one to be available on an Apple Silicon on the chip and this generation reintroduced the Magsafe and function keys.
MacBook Air and it’s parts
MacBook Air was launched in January 29 2008 and was said to be the world’s thinnest notebook, belonging to the family of Ultrabook
Unlike MacBook Pro , MacBook Air has only four generations
- The first generation is called Unibody and it consisted of full size keyboard and machined aluminum case and has an optional SSD(Solid-State Storage). It also had micro-DVL video port along with 128 GB SSD
- The Second generation is called Tapered Unibody as it had tapered enclosure. The storage options were also increase upto 256 GB maximum and in 2017 it had a speed increase in processor from 1.6 GHz to 1.8 GHz
- The Third generation is called Retina and it uses Amber lake processor and Retina Display of resolution 2500*1600 pixel and Used two combinations of. USB- C 3.1 gen. A re-designed version was also updated of Retina with Apple Silicon in November, 2020
The fourth and latest gen is called Flat Unibody and was introduced on June 6, 2022 with M2 chip and two new colors Starlight and Midnight